Cloud gaming is something that enables gamers to access and play video games online without downloading the games to their device or game streaming that help you play online video games on a remote server in a data center. Cloud gaming is also known as gaming on demand or gaming as a service and is a very appealing use case driving many subscribers to upgrade to 5G devices. With 5G, cloud gaming can improve the full gaming experience, from at home to on the go, and give you a very good gaming experience with much less friction. 5G has the potential to remove all the barriers that keep gamers from playing their way – super-fast speeds and low latency response time of 5G can change the way how and where consumers access their games. Moreover, 5G networks feature high bandwidth, low latency, and the ability to transmit 4K videos, hence it can deliver a superior gaming experience.
There was a time, cloud games were slow in progress due to technology and cost constraints, but with the application of 5G networks, cloud games are no longer new things but rather becoming a hit. All cloud games run on the server side, operations are completed through supercomputers on the cloud and transmitted to personal devices via 5G high-speed wireless networks. So, now let us see the role of 5G along along with Smart 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and Smart Best wireless site survey software, site survey tools for wireless networks & Wifi site survey software app in Cloud Gaming.
Advantages of cloud gaming –
- No requirement of downloading or installing: With cloud gaming, you don’t need to download or install any game of your choice, which means you can save a lot of time as well as space on your mobile devices. The best part of cloud gaming is that the game is remotely hosted and can be controlled by yourself.
- Premium gaming experience: Now you don’t have to worry about whether the device is low-end or the processing is poor, because, with cloud gaming, the rendering occurs at servers that are much more powerful than the bandwidth capability, so gamers can access a premium gaming experience.
- Secure to play: When the installed games on the device downloaded once, they take malicious permissions, which could be unsafe. But with cloud games, you can play the games on the cloud, and nothing is required to get installed, therefore, no permissions are needed that makes you play cloud gaming more safely.
- Easy sharing gaming experience: Cloud games (links) are easy to share on social media or chat since they are accessible through a simple URL. It will help you to engage with socially engaging gamers in communities who are like-minded in playing your type of games.
- Play with your friends on varied platforms: Cloud gaming allows you to play games with your friends as games can be accessed through a browser, thereby it can make the players accessible on any platform or device. All the players can play the game together with cloud gaming.
Now, if we talk about the role of 5G in Cloud Gaming, thanks to 5G speeds that take more gamers to the cloud – cloud gaming is getting a major upgrade due to the 5G network. With cloud gaming, players from anywhere can play games by accessing the cloud server and on almost any device, be it a laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Due to 5G cloud gaming, you can play the game by typing on a keyboard or tapping on a screen, and that commands go into the cloud.
Mobile operators and game developers unlock the benefits of cloud gaming such as use cases and business models and ultimately bring new experiences to gamers. As 5G is rolling out, it promises greater availability, higher bandwidth, and low latency, which are paving the way for the continued evolution of cloud gaming. So, for cloud gaming, maintaining network stability is the foremost part to take care of. Hence, a 5g network testing and monitoring solution plays a pivotal role to measure QoE and this can be fulfilled by RantCell, which is a mobile-phone-based app suitable for drive testing and static testing. With RantCell, you not only improve your efficiency on a 5G network but also generate test reports in real-time.