A compactor is a machine that reduces the size of materials such as biomass or waste materials through compaction.
These machines come in various types, sizes, qualities, and prices. They are used for different purposes and functions depending on the type of machine. They are usually powered by hydraulics and takes different sizes and shape.
Types of Compactor Machines and Their Functions
There are three general types of compactor machines: rollers, plates, and rammers. Each of these covers a different amount of space and exacts additional pressure. Plates and rammers are smaller and have less pressure than rollers, which cover a large surface area and have a heavyweight.
- The power rammers are small and hand-operated compactors. They are generally used in trenches and dice and are unreliable for dense material on a large area.
- Vibratory tampers are spring-operated, and their vibrations compress more soil than the crammers. They work best in small, confined spaces.
- Self-propelled rollers are sometimes called pedestrians. They are hand-guided rollers. They require less energy, and they also fit in small spaces.
- The self-contained compactors are used to store wet wastes, and the stationary compactors are used to store dry wastes.
- Portable compactor: They are installed inside buildings as they are small in size. The compacted material is formed as a block in the cart in the lower part of the compactor.
Advantages of Compactor Machines
The compactor machine price in Kenya is affordable. Therefore, it helps to know the benefits of the device.
Cuts operational costs
They reduced the need for garbage bags and manpower as they compacted and reduced waste sizes. Some materials can be recycled and sold, earning the company some cash.
They simplify the waste management process. The need to empty the garbage bags and monitor trash bins will be eliminated. They are also easy to operate and do not require special skills.
Improves the appearance of your facility
The garbage bags and trash bins around your facility need to be better. The machine eliminates the need for cleaning up and emptying the garbage bins from time to time, ensuring neatness in your workplace.
Enhances the safety of your workplace
Storing dry and liquid wastes is quite tricky. You will be required to have two different storage facilities for each. With a compact machine, your needs are all sorted with one.
Types of wastes for compactors
- Dry wastes are recyclable materials such as plastics, textiles, cardboard, paper, and rubber.
- Wet wastes – hygiene products, food items, used tissue, paper towels, etc.
- Bulky wastes – includes coaches, desks, tins, buckets, etc.
Uses of Compactor Machines
Many businesses, such as restaurants, fast food, and hotels, use compactors to reduce the size of waste materials.
Some compactors are designed for residential use. They are hydraulic or manual, and they reduce the volume of garbage. Some other uses are in the agricultural sector, municipal use, and recycling energy.
The compact machines are accessible in most parts of the country and are at an affordable price. Their invention has had a significant effect on the operation of many businesses.